Friday, December 09, 2005

I'M AN AMOEBA

I'm in an extremely weird sort of grumpy mood. I know I have work to do, but I have not the least inclination to do it. Why, you ask? Because I have decided that I have a passion for nothing i.e. I have no passion in life.

My life lacks quality. The most interesting thing I've done all day is figure out how alike an amoeba I am. Lets go bit by bit.

1. cell membrane - the thin layer of protein and fat that surrounds the amoeba; it allows some substances to pass into the cell, and blocks other substances.

  • this is like skinny me on an extemely dispassionate day- even during what ought to be the most sentimental of moments, I realise I'm thinking "Hm.. wonder what's for lunch.."

2. contractile vacuole - a cavity within the amoeba that excretes excess water and waste; the waste is brought to the cell membrane and is then eliminated from the amoeba.

  • without getting into what could be the equivalent of the contractile vacuole, I realise that as of now, I live to eat.. and excrete.

3. cytoplasm - a jelly-like material that fills most of the cell; the organelles (like the nucleus) are surrounded by cytoplasm.

  • If you poke me, I'll ooze cheese.

4. food vacuole - a cavity within the amoeba in which food is digested

  • I've always felt I'm a bottomless pit...

5. nucleus - the major organelle of the amoeba, located centrally; it controls reproduction (it contains the chromosomes) and many other important functions (including eating and growth).

  • Don't amoeba reproduce asexually? Hm.


That would be what I'd look like if viewed from the top.. and that would typically be an okay hair day.

I'm getting to the point where I feel like a single celled organism which crawls out of bed each morning and that thinks of only one thing.. where will my daily bread come from?

Conclusion: It's placement time. And I'm undergoing reverse evolution.

9 Comments:

Blogger DeepBlueSea said...

you're such a freak!! :p

the rate at which you're going, i totally agree with the asexual reproduction bit.

find urself another amoeba that wears glasses & exchange some cellular material.

but i always thought amoebas/amoebae were cuter than apes - the creatures that most others mutate into during placements.

December 09, 2005 2:12 AM  
Blogger A said...

deep, thats got to be my favouritest comment ever!!!!!!

apparently (and that is to be pronounced my way:)) all amoebae with glasses like sidey other amoebae which originate from the southern part of the amoeba-land. And what do they do? Play NRS games with each other!!!! BAH!!!

December 09, 2005 2:19 AM  
Blogger DeepBlueSea said...

heheh... you are kinda from the south side of amoeba-land yourself. now if you just used your alleged propensity to be tech-savvy & learnt a couple of softwares (and how to say yes), you could have your amoeba & a back up amoeba too.

then of course, you'd not be an amoeba anymore, coz it would (hopefully) ignite some kind of passion in you.

December 09, 2005 2:25 AM  
Blogger DSK said...

Oh my god... if i were to blog again, it would definitely be on how wasted you are here. Blogging on Amoebae... you so badly need to get a life woman.

December 09, 2005 2:00 PM  
Blogger A said...

blog again na, u nut!! sidey female, anyway u have lots of time to kill.. media ppl really need to get a life:D:D

December 09, 2005 4:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I didn't realize how entertaining and well written your posts are. I feel quite parasitic myself! I absolutely love this one!

Enough ooh-ing and aah-ing about you, I need to get meself some of that oozing cheese! Cheese Maggi at Chotta is going to be very scared of the ravenous me!

February 27, 2006 6:37 PM  
Blogger A said...

Thanks teju:)

have realised that my addiction to cheese is such that my new diet will inevitably be put off till im through with the Cheese Fondue at Mocha:D

February 27, 2006 11:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ok! why are u dieting? if u want to become invisible, learn to do magic... less painful on the stomach.

March 01, 2006 6:35 PM  
Blogger A said...

thats all the encouragement i need to postpone my diet:D also since i've lately lost a kilo (new maths: 1 kilo+ 3 bags full.. erm.. now sounds kinda weird :S )

new resolution: shall read harry potter over and over again.

March 01, 2006 7:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home