Wednesday, October 24, 2007

*CROAK*

The ugly green shawl was famous during my post grad, having been carried, without fail, summer and winter alike. I had a penchant for catching colds in the AC, and thereafter sneezing everytime the prof paused for breath.
Skipping work today, I groan mentally. I can't groan out loud because I have no voice. Its been two days of alternately feeling hot and cold and there are only a few things I can think of.
  • How I hate stuff in the plasmatic state.
  • The box of chocolate icecream in the freezer that bewitchingly tweaks its fingers at me.
  • That the combination of hot water and salt is the most disgusting thing the poor tongue has ever borne.
  • Sleeping on your side unclogs one part of your head- only to clog the other.
  • That building a tissue pile is only fun till you realise how gross it is.
  • Trying to say Cold and not Code, and Sick, not Sigg.
  • Large doses of Benadryl that make everything seem roooosy.

I dislike having a cold *sniff* I hate having to sleep with my mouth open *honk* And I detest that I croak like a frog when I sing my favourite song. Oo, but I like that I can rhyme Frog and Song for a change. Sic!

12 Comments:

Blogger DSK said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

October 24, 2007 10:59 PM  
Blogger A said...

dsk: Doesn't sound like a sneeze, but definitely sounds like the start of a Conversation!!

Bwahahahaha

October 24, 2007 11:09 PM  
Blogger DSK said...

Correction...

Vodafone, Vodafone, Vodafone, Vodafone.

Naaah, doesn't sound like a sneeze now.

Line above is a statement, not a question.

October 24, 2007 11:19 PM  
Blogger A said...

dsk:
Whatever.. A statement or a question
Either way, I'm going to raise An Objection.
Which means-
You just started A Conversation!

I Win.

And the rhyme may be pathetic, but totally gets the point across :)

October 24, 2007 11:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hehe

If this makes you feel better...

1. you are now a truly loyal employee -
a. when you praise a phone you say 'Vodafone'!! (hehe)
b. when you get pissed off at Relemployee you say 'Vodafok/hell'

2. you get to meet Lord Worth

Jo
(again too lazy to sign in + sneaking suspicion have forgotten my password, which bodes ill for future entries)

October 25, 2007 12:47 PM  
Blogger Shaunak Sastry said...

Jack and Jill
were slightly ill;
and overdid
the Benadryl

Jack passed out,
and Jill did swoon,
The Moral of the STORY:
Use a SPOON!!

October 26, 2007 12:03 AM  
Blogger Dinesh said...

I share your predicament. Funny how all of us who were scheduled to run the vodafone marathon have all become bed ridden. Shublina had an accident while the rest of us are battling leaky noses, sore throats and heavy heads. Hmmm...I sense a vodafone conspiracy...

October 26, 2007 7:55 PM  
Blogger A said...

Jo: Yea yeaaa, nice to see you're baaaack!!

All is forgiven, including mocking my beloved :P

Shaunak: Rotfl :D:D

Only, the story would have been decidely different had Jack not passed out.. and been more Constructive ;)

Dinesh: Ah, see, that's where the clogged head strives to mislead you. Vodafone aims to bring people together, in sickness and in health.

I see the cold has gone to my head and made me corny.

Aside to Jo: There, I spoke like a loyal employee again!! Made me quite sick when I wrote it, though.

October 28, 2007 5:00 PM  
Blogger tHeFiRsTiDioT said...

Awww poor girl - does everyone in "vedaphone" stare at you?????

October 28, 2007 5:23 PM  
Blogger mapleneckblues said...

hahahahaha @ "vedaphone" !!

October 29, 2007 2:58 AM  
Blogger A said...

thefirstidiot & mapleneckblues: I am NOT amused.

*sniffs, but disdainfully, not because of the cold*

November 03, 2007 3:00 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

bedaphobe

November 04, 2007 11:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home