Sunday, October 21, 2007

I'M SCARY

There are those who are highly bemused when others talk of me as a mild, simple girl. I would like to think I'm simple, uncomplicated.. but I know I'm not mild when I see those such as waiters and delivery boys scuttle even though I'm smiling at them. And then there are those who say I'm scary when I make presentations, when I'm actually quaking all through. Sigh. Think I'm sadly misunderstood..
Bu then there are times when it is necessary to frighten. Disclaimer: I do not go out of my way to exert my apparently unnatural powers, but also do not hesitate when the opportunity presents itself. One such did, the other day, at the Reliance Fresh next door.
I liked visiting the place for its fresh veggies, and discovered that they have a card thingy for frequent visitors. Now, as is typical, the card thingy is a dreary drag, but what is attractive is the home delivery system that it brings with it.
So I stood in the queue and filled out the bare minimum details of an awfully lengthy form. The wait had me in a fair way to losing my temper, and when the lad asked me to fill out the section titled 'Optional Details', I asked, "Really? Why?" He looked surprised, and told me they needed the details. I took a deep breath and pointed out, a tad curtly, that it said Optional. He said, "Nahi Madam.. aapko likhna padega."
I took a step backward and looked at him, predatorily. Puny thing, he was. I would not raise my voice. "Do you think I carry my pan Card with me when I step out in my track pants and a faded shirt to buy veggies? And do you really expect me to tell you my family's monthly income so that you can decide whether to deliver Rs 25 worth of veggies to my possibly ramshackle house? If so, you can please call your manager and tell him that I would like to speak to the cause of this irrationality." I wonder if it was the sarcasm, the fact that I asked for the manager, or the English spoken at full speed that scared him. The result was that he looked like he'd seen a ghost, and grabbed the sheet from my hand. He then told me that I would have no problem whatsoever with home delivery in the future, all the time probably hoping that I'd never show up there again.
I'm scary, I've been told. Sometimes, I use it to advantage and chuckle deep inside. When actually bloodthirsty, I think a glimpse of my canines would give me away. For all the other times, I insist I'm sadly misunderstood :)

7 Comments:

Blogger mapleneckblues said...

i dont know about him, but i sure am trembling... :P

October 22, 2007 1:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are scary? really? and that too during presentations?

Oh you poor thing...

But just to put things into perspective (repeat 100 times)...
1. Snapping at senior during the first dunking session - SCARY
2. Snapping at shankar autorickshaw guy for charging more - SCARY
3. Snapping at super boss - Super SCARY
3. Besur whistling of "Country roads" - oh my God SCARY
4. (Point above is sooo scary, I missed count).
5. I've seen some sides to you (almost a non-existent curve if I might say) that required my going in to ER.

APPP-ur-ently, u is making use of your frail looking-ity.

I is choose to stay anonymous because I is not want peoples to laaaf at my english. But what to do, I is butt wiggling sooo much as I is type this comment out.

October 22, 2007 1:48 AM  
Blogger A said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

October 22, 2007 2:04 AM  
Blogger A said...

mapleneckblues: Ya right :P I'm always nice to bun-ny rabbits! :D

Anon: Times when I have been absoutely nice and positively a darling to this particular Anon:

1. When I have sat and nodded attentively all through Anon's presentation while the entire classroom snored. Such diligence, I say.
2. When I have NOT broken your door and your laptop for playing Zinda on repeat a gazillion times. I have only sliiiightly glared at you.
3. When I have tragically borne the experiments of a budding artist on the sacred walls of my beloved room. Fyi to the world: This artist could draw nothing but a highly wilted-looking leaf. Agony, I tell you.

As for Country Roads, I choose to take offence and sniff disdainfully. That song has brought Anon many cheery moments in its lifetime. May it Rest in Peace. (Your fancy toilet paper is needed for these sniffles.)

October 22, 2007 2:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Felt too lazy to sign in seeing as it is 'optional'!!

Anyway, am gloating about how right i am about people!! Said i not so, that you take immense pleasure in annihilatin people who think you are a pushover and proving them wrong?!!

Wish i had been there, i am all for starting a society for victims of the intrusive and idiotically mechanical people [VIIMPEs - to be pronounced wimpiss!!] (and forms) employed to give the data analysts dope for creating profiles for the 'added customization' that i have yet to see implemented well!!!

Jo

October 25, 2007 12:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not scarey huh? :)))))

Adu

November 13, 2007 3:20 PM  
Blogger A said...

Jo: I annihilate people?! I'm sure certain people welcomed my scary presence and the annhilation during past Mathew projects!

Adu: No no, not at all! :P

November 14, 2007 10:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home