Saturday, September 09, 2006

'TRIPLEY'

Two years ago, if somebody had told me I'd be doing a triple seater journey on a bike all the way to Pizza Hut and back on a crowded Friday evening, I would probably have snorted at the thought. I was a little wary of bikes, having fallen off a scooter into a ditch once long, long ago.

After two years of post grad at a place which was only accessed by personal vehicles and crazy tuk-tuk wallahs, I now enjoy bike travel. It is easy, convenient, and fun when people stare at you traveling with your face covered like a dacoit:)

And now, riding Tripley has been the most fun ever:D

It all started with my friend asking me to hop on the bike behind her.. and her friend. "People are staring," I said to her, trying get her to stop scooting ahead on the seat to make place for me. We were in the middle of a busy road on a weekday morning, with people all around us. "Just sit!!" she said. Wondering how I was supposed to fit myself in what appeared to be two inches of space, I put one leg across to the other side and wriggled a little. Miraculously, it looked as though the three of us could manage.

As we whizzed through busy lanes, people around us seemed flummoxed. I was embarrassed, yet a trifle tickled. Just when they'd been thinking, "There go two normal people on a bike.." up popped a third head at the back:)

It is now fun to look at people and grin gleefully at them looking quizzically at us. It is even more fun to watch them wait for ricks knowing you don't have to do it so often anymore. From going dignifiedly up the stairs at a Pizza Hut a year ago, I now turn up on a bike, almost falling off the back, grin cheekily at waiters who've seen us ride up and walk in with two other people who are laughing just as hard as I am:)

13 Comments:

Blogger DSK said...

I reaaaally had to stop myself from picking up the phone and clear doubts on the references made.

Of course that's the only reason I'm doing my diligent duty.

Or may be I will call and wake you up after all.

September 09, 2006 12:55 PM  
Blogger DSK said...

I did! I did! I did call and wake you up after all!!!

September 09, 2006 6:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey - Nice blog. You have the touch! Looks like you are the one who has inherited the Mallya pen!

September 11, 2006 8:23 AM  
Blogger A said...

dsk: After two years, I think you should have realised that I do not like being woken up. Or did I not growl enough each time you woke me up earlier than necessary?

Hmm, I also appear to remember certain- very very cruel- instances when I was woken up within 5 mins and told that I'd been asleep for thirty.

I still await my revenge.. Bwahahahaha

pishi: Thanks :):) A certain Mommy shall be happily told about your comment :):)

September 14, 2006 1:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ahem! Triples huh? And here I thought you were not enjoying it

September 16, 2006 4:16 AM  
Blogger A said...

thefirstidiot: Ya ya, you reeeally ought not to be talking about pretending to NOT have fun.. no more Tsepak (with a T) for you!!

Boo!!

September 20, 2006 9:59 PM  
Blogger daviejones said...

er... i am a little lost over here. Just when did you do your tripley trip and more importantly, who were you with?;))

October 05, 2006 6:32 PM  
Blogger A said...

daviejones: well, I'm not one to.. erm.. Tripley and tell ;)

October 08, 2006 1:13 AM  
Blogger Abhishek Mrinmai said...

tooo much of girl talk happenning....hmmmmmmm

October 15, 2006 9:50 PM  
Blogger A said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

October 15, 2006 10:13 PM  
Blogger A said...

chocolates: hehe it has been quite a while since you were exposed to it, methinks :D

October 16, 2006 10:41 PM  
Blogger Krishnan said...

In hyderabad, near my office, there is a board which says "Three's a crowd--avoid triples".

November 09, 2006 9:34 PM  
Blogger A said...

krishnan: Have you forgotten "Three's company toooo" *sung in a lilting voice, maybe a lil high pitched*

:D

November 12, 2006 1:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home