Saturday, May 31, 2008

VROOOOOM!


Does this make me look like an F1 fan? Well, I'm not. Not even a teeny, tiny bit. I can't fathom how people actually sit and watch, for hours on end, cars that go round, and round and roooound. And do little else.

(Suddenly wary..) Are there those waiting to throw eggs, right about now?

So then why this photograph?

Vodafone's having the McLaren Mercedes tour the country, and it has been at Ahmedabad for the past couple of days. As a part of the team that works towards it, I get to hang around it a lil more than the common man. I've been damn kicked about it, and simply because I wanted to get the two men in the family to go green in the face.

It does not seem to have worked, disobliging as they are. Maybe because they're Ferrari fans. Or maybe, it is no fun unless the machine is careening wildly across some track with crazy fans going Rah-Rah all the while. I managed to get a mildly interested "So what happened to your thing with the McLaren?" Bah, might as well have asked me if I'd brushed my teeth that day! Not that I need to be asked that, of course.

This is one of the final attempts to get them jealous. I want to gloat, damn it, and one can't gloat if nobody is jealous! My last shot is to send them the photograph that's got me sitting on the wheel. On, not behind. Hmm, I think one of me behind the wheel would really get their goat. Maybe I could sneak into the mall after all are gone..

Sigh. The things one has to do. Men, I tell you, are exasperating!

17 Comments:

Blogger Dinesh said...

Well I hope you get them jealous :-)

(See, I'm perfectly capable of being nice too...)

May 31, 2008 11:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

As co-owners of a super luxury sports car, our reaction to this was, "Now she has a problem if men aren't jealous?". Not that our car has anything to do with our reaction, but we just wanted to add that bit.

And, no, we don't care if we aren't nice.

June 01, 2008 7:24 AM  
Blogger theDivineSpark said...

Yeah, right!

Ferrari rules! Period.

- F1 fan and an even bigger Ferrari fan.

June 04, 2008 5:41 AM  
Blogger DeepBlueSea said...

@ Anj: Ask me! I've had to weather many a dateless weekend thanks to the Boy's fascination with the Fast Cars. A race even got tossed around as a honeymoon idea. (And, thankfully, tossed out)

@ dsk: So cute and cheesy. Now you are "We". Lol.

@ Anj: Ermmm (looking up and down)... you don't have choice? I think you just choose not to choose.

June 04, 2008 12:14 PM  
Blogger DSK said...

Sideeeee :P

Some become hot potatoes, and some choose to be one.

June 04, 2008 10:05 PM  
Blogger A said...

dinesh: Apparently only a Ferrari will do it :(

dsk: No, you aren't nice, Boo! But your car is, so I shall still be nice to you.

Boy, of "dsk and boy": You are nice (wink wink) :) I shall be super-nice to you, since you are co-owner of car!

sebastian: Bah, they're all the same! Really, what sensible machine goes round in circles?!

deepbluesea: You ain't winning the bet. I continue as the potato.. one that is hot, just not Smokin' Hot :P

dsk: You are the 2nd original potato-abandoner.

June 05, 2008 1:34 AM  
Blogger daviejones said...

dsk and boy - hehe... good stuff

Anj - i agree with deepa, you choose not to choose... you turn your back to the most obvious and happening choices ;P

June 05, 2008 10:04 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

you are fantastic!!!



god bless u dear

can we exchange our link

r u ready to do?

June 10, 2008 7:08 PM  
Blogger Dinesh said...

hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

you are fantastic!!!

god bless u dear

can we exchange our link

r u ready to do?

Hehehehe

June 10, 2008 10:53 PM  
Blogger tHeFiRsTiDioT said...

What, me jealous? :)
So what if you went near an F1 Car
So what if you sat on (notice I repeated the on, not in)
So what if you Blah blah blah blah

I refuse to get jealous
I will maintain a dignified silence in the fact of such great provocation (viz. the slander against F1)

- A
(I am also an A - ohh does this count as some supreme example of alliteration?)

PS:Its a McLaren, and its SUCKS!
PPS: Oh what the heck, no more rebuttals required
PPPS: Oh yes, there is only so long I can maintain a dignified silence - "Careening wildly"? Arrrrrrghhh!

June 17, 2008 9:35 PM  
Blogger tHeFiRsTiDioT said...

Oh go exchange your 'link'!

June 17, 2008 9:36 PM  
Blogger A said...

daviejones: Rubbish, you're all talk yourself :P

thefirstidiot:
1. Making a crack? Or is it vice-versa? That's a very Loose statement, isn't it? heehehe
2. I'm the original A. You're just an Idiot :P
3. "No more reButtals required"? hehehe :D

June 21, 2008 2:00 PM  
Blogger Dinesh said...

miffed that by thoughtful comment has been ignored...

Sigh

June 21, 2008 7:59 PM  
Blogger Dinesh said...

I meant MY thoughtful comment.

Sigh again

June 21, 2008 7:59 PM  
Blogger the One said...

It seems the Hometown has made considerable progress towards becoming a sporting hub. One is pleased.

One is also acutely jealous, if that helps. (Of you and the car, that is - not in general. Well, in general too. But only a little.)

June 23, 2008 10:40 PM  
Blogger A said...

dinesh: You also missed beginning the sentence with the M in uppercase as well as the punctuation after all the sighing.. hehe you asked for it! :P

one in a billion: That is mighty obliging of you.. This One is thrilled! :D

And yes, there is progress towards sports.. there were many who came to the mall to check out the car-- it was not just a regular family's day out! Yay :)

June 25, 2008 8:20 PM  
Blogger s said...

hard to get Ferrari fans go ooh ooh ahh ahh over a McLaren.

Next time try getting the Ferrari contract...

November 02, 2008 3:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home