Thursday, March 02, 2006

MIRROR, MIRROR ON THE WALL

Waking up to sounds of a lot of bustle, I heard people say, "What've you got to get done?" and "Lemme know when you've finished, I'm after you". I opened a bleary eye to squint at myself in the mirror. I needed to get in line. My eyebrows looked like they'd multiplied and decided to fall, one right below my nose. I wish I'd managed to convince myself it was a shadow.

I analysed whether I really needed to get my upper lip done (well, it hurts like crazy, so I naturally try to postpone indfinitely). No mirror likes me in the morning-- and such a ghastly picture naturally puts me in very bad humour. Anyway, I plodded off to find the beautician, a once-in-three-weeks miracle.

When it was finally time, I was well armed-- I had my rolls of tissue ready. Surprisingly, the woman was gentle [.. this is somehow sounding perverse..] She didn't bare her teeth, stare at my mouth in a bloodthirsty manner and then make a go for my face. It hurt lesser this time, but it still reaches infinity :(

I don't think any man will ever understand this.. except Joey. I have to mention him. He's been through eyebrow-shaping and waxing, the darling:) Hmm, the sadist in me wants him to get his upper lip done tooooo!!!!! Bwahhaahahhaha!!!!!!!

But the end result is such a relief.. I don't have to get it done again for three whole weeks!!! Hallelujah!!!!!!!

Things I desperately needed today: tissue, cold cream, ice, ice, ice!!!

3 Comments:

Blogger DeepBlueSea said...

er. Joey has an easier way out... shaving. You should try it too :p

March 02, 2006 1:33 AM  
Blogger DSK said...

hehe... very nice, and thanks for not commenting about me!!!

March 02, 2006 1:45 AM  
Blogger A said...

Dee: Joey even manages to do the area around the ankles well!!

Divya: thankie, there:)

March 02, 2006 3:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home