Friday, March 24, 2006

SHOPPING WHEN HUNGRY = 250 BUCKS WORTH OF JUNK FOOD:(

Sleeping late makes me awaken late, apart from generally being the lazy sort. It also makes me miss breakfast and lunch at the mess, and have very high expectations of tea. This, very naturally (and, as ought to always be foreseen), leads to disappointment and a very hungry tummy.

I then end up making plans for excellent cheese and white sauced restaurants. Closest and verrrry interesting, is Bombay Blue. Very unfortunately, right next to it, lies Big Bazaar, one that houses almost everything but what I need, and the longest queues and the slowest Gujjus.

All I needed when I wandered in was a bottle of body wash, some chocolates (yes, yes, sometimes one needs chocolates!!!) and a giant packet of green Lays. I picked up the bottle and sauntered into the crunchies section, looking straight ahead and really making an effort to not stare greedily at all other kinds of food when drooling. I wished I had blinders. I felt a slow dribble forming as I caught sight of chocolate-chipped biscuits. Just one pack, I told myself. My sneaky eye caught hold of a pack of Haldiram's Bhujia Sev, and my brow tweaked itself.

A few minutes later, I found myself rushing to the chocolate counter, carrying five items in each hand. I didn't dare pick up a basket lest I went berserk, pulled the shop down and stuffed it in. Asking for a couple of Cadbury's bars, I stared at my shoes after glaring at a lady who bought a dozen chocolates- all expensive foreign brands.

As I finally made my way out, I had a huge bag and a hole in my pocket. I'd always known I was a little demented when it came to food and shopping, but I could now forsee a future where I would spend my entire salary buying food, eating out, and hunting for couches that could take me, a gazillion bags of chips- and The Stomach.

7 Comments:

Blogger DSK said...

You can keep this comment for the sake of posterity. I have no idea why I'm commenting, except that by doing this, i'll be fulfilling the follies of being a diligent friend.

In return for this, a few squares of the Tiramisu would be nice.

:-))

March 24, 2006 3:38 PM  
Blogger DSK said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

March 24, 2006 3:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Chocolate is an essential food type???? And after all this you have the nerve to ask me to buy you more chocs when you get back home? Bah! No can do I say...

March 25, 2006 1:05 AM  
Blogger A said...

dsk: The follies of being a diligent friend?
Considering the fact that the originator of that forlorn phrase is yours truly, the propagation of it by you so very very often is not easily digested :P
And now you're going to say that I sound snooty.. so Bah, Pah and Gah!!! No Tiramisu for youuu!! (Kinda like it that that rhymes a lil:):) )

March 25, 2006 3:57 AM  
Blogger A said...

thefirstidiot: Hmm, let's start with Lindts and After-Eights, to go on to any sort of liquor chocolate-- actually the order is pretty much reversible:)

Be a diligent brother.. some of the follies being that you are depended upon for a continuous supply of chocolate and cheese.. but I will pay your phone (read Hutch) bill someday!!!

March 25, 2006 4:08 AM  
Blogger silentword said...

heyyy waste...... chocolates r supplementary food.... eating wen u dunno wht to do... u shud hv a sizzler or somethin like tht wen it comes to hunger..... and in the first place,.... get lunch n sleep again.... this seems to me a good idea;)

April 02, 2006 4:50 AM  
Blogger A said...

silentword: Aah, wake up, eat lunch, sleep again. Reminds me of Mica:(

Wish chocolates and cheese could just remain supplementary food- but I appear to go out choose other food which complements the two. It IS possible to hunger for chocolate, you know..

April 05, 2006 1:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home