Thursday, January 08, 2009

OH, TO SEE THE SEA! :)

When in Bombay, you know you can go take a peek at the sea if you really want to. It will take one hard battle in the train and then a journey to Worli seaface.. but at the end of it, you get to dangle your feet over the cement blocks whilst staring at an endless spread of waves with the evening sun beaming sleepily at you.
It is rare that I manage to catch a glimpse of the sea, being based in Gujarat. Having had to travel to Junagadh for a couple of days, we made use of the opportunity and visited the Somnath temple. The temple, beautiful as it is, was even more picturesque against its glorious backdrop. As I sat on a ledge, the tiny beach far below my swinging feet, I couldn’t help smiling. With the tiny boats dotting the horizon, the sun winking over the blue, blue sea, it reminded me of Worli, of college days, of friends now far away.. but of beautiful times from an era worthy of nostalgia:)
If it affects me thus, I wonder what happens to those who can actually swim? I wish they’d let our cameras in!

3 Comments:

Blogger ~G said...

Those who can swim can teach you to swim and then you can find out :P
Worli!! Yay! Do you remember the walk from NCPA to Worli followed by hogging 2 plates of Pav Bhaji?

January 08, 2009 4:41 PM  
Blogger A said...

G: Take me rafting, and I'll go with you. Take me swimming, and I'll run away from you!

And yes, totally remember it :) It's time we were that nutty again!

January 09, 2009 1:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

:)

January 09, 2009 11:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home