Saturday, November 22, 2008

"AWAARA HOOOOON!!"

I've never really been a big music buff, and I definitely know nothing about contemporary music. I some old English music, and any Shammi Kapoor song makes me want to skip and hop all over the place :)

On a lazy Saturday morning, I popped in an old CD I'd found when cleaning out my office space.. of a Film Festival from Hutch that captured films and their music from an era much, much before me. As I listened to Chaudhvin ka Chaand, it somehow brought back memories of sitting on the kitchen stool at my old home while my mom cooked to the oldies out by her tape recorder. Life was so much simpler.. I wore little tiny frocks, clung to my mother, got dragged to school, ran around on the playground, and slept without a care in the world.

The next song playing is Aaj Phir Jeene ki Tamanna Hai, and I can't help wiggling to it. I'm going to play all the Shammi Kapoor and Joy Mukherjee songs I've got after this, and I'm going to turn on Star Gold and wait for a mad, mad movie like Junglee to turn up. Yaahoooo!!!

2 Comments:

Blogger Dinesh said...

Sigh...now look at you. All old and bitter....how age has ravaged you :-(

(ducks)

December 05, 2008 11:21 AM  
Blogger A said...

Somebody, today, thought I was 3 years younger than I actually am.. Bwahahaahaha :)

December 06, 2008 11:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home