Thursday, March 09, 2006

BORED BEYOND BELIEF

The temptation to blog right now comes at the most inopportune of moments. With a truckload of thesis work pending (visions of a huge weighing scale with me sitting in one pan and losing to a tiny book bound in black in the other..), and a bed that temptingly tweaks its finger at me, I refrain from pressing Alt+Tab at this moment.

I've been arbitly copy-pasting from academic articles and journals for the past two hours, after an evening which I spent randomly saying "Poop!!!" at regular intervals to poor Dee, for reasons unknown. I've now checked my mail three times (even though Gmail has those little pop-ups), checked Orkut twice (even though Gmail would have popped up to notify), combed my hair, filled water, and compared three different versions of "Neele Neele Ambar Par". I'm borrrrrred and I'm looking for more time wasting activities (TWA, as pop would say)..

The clock is fast galloping past 2 a.m.-- the time limit I'd given myself before I absolutely have to work. But then my conscience rests easy.. the limit was first 12.30, then 1.15, then 1.45, 1.50, 1.55 :D Even though I think it is pointless, I shall still strive to try and get work done tonight. And then maybe I'll sleep late tomorrow morning.. maybe I can get up after lunchtime..

Think I'll just curl up for a little while.. only a couple of minutes..

11 Comments:

Blogger DeepBlueSea said...

I dare you to not use the following words for a week:

1) poo
2) poop
3) arbit
4) sidey

If you manage to, I'll treat you to anything with white sauce...

4 words or a bowl of yummy pasta... take your pick.

And don't waste time... finish the thesis... Mocha's tweaking its finger at us.

Dee

March 09, 2006 2:35 AM  
Blogger A said...

Yummyyy!!!! But I have a feeling that using those words is now getting involuntary. Maybe I'll knock my knee to check..

I shall take you up on that, but how about letting me use one a day? Pretty please..

Poo! Hahahahah the bet period hasn't begun yet!!!!!

March 09, 2006 2:41 AM  
Blogger DSK said...

i can see A losing the bet already. there's no way she can refrain from uttering any of those words. Dee, it's either the 4 words or "Celebrity endorsements" that will come our way for the coming days.

Although it was one of those really really wasted posts, I can't help but agree that the same's the case with me. I've just about realized what Lit review actually means. waaaaaahhhhhh!!!!!

March 09, 2006 2:41 AM  
Blogger DSK said...

and oh... as I read this post again, I thought "filled water" deserves a special mention... Finally there's clean water in that dirty bottle of yours!!!

March 09, 2006 2:44 AM  
Blogger A said...

Hmpf.

People say stuff, but they do not realise that those are the BUZZ words for the morrow!!!

Bwahahahahaahha

March 09, 2006 2:44 AM  
Blogger A said...

Paha! I filled it in my clean little mug!!!!

.. Oh Lordddd, I'm soooo wastedddd!!!!!!

March 09, 2006 2:46 AM  
Blogger DSK said...

"Weirdo: heheheheeh
replied again
Sent at 2:45 AM on Thursday
Weirdo: Busy
Weirdo: but arbit reply
divya: ok"


U said ARBIT AGAIN!!! Dee pls take note.

March 09, 2006 2:48 AM  
Blogger A said...

the bet period hasn't begun yet!!!!!!!!!!!

does not count!!!!!!

apparently, my latest TWA is replying to comments:D

March 09, 2006 2:51 AM  
Blogger DeepBlueSea said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

March 09, 2006 4:01 AM  
Blogger DeepBlueSea said...

unfairly increasing comment count by replying comments one by one is sidey.

and the bet period had begun from the minute i commented...

you can say arbit sidey poopy things in peace.

Dee

March 09, 2006 4:03 AM  
Blogger A said...

Bwahahahhahah!!!!!!! deleting comments does not decrease number of comments!!!

I shall not accept this sidey manner of betting.

I shall now be mighty miffed and wrinkle my supposedly snooty nose in thorough disgust of this bacteria-like act.

Bah, sniff, and Pooh!

March 09, 2006 4:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home