Wednesday, March 15, 2006

OVER AND DONE WITH:)

I've stayed up for goodness knows how many nights in a row, burning the midnight oil and bursting a bulb, and now I feel totally content with a fat thesis in my kitty and nothing to do for the next few days:) At the peak of thesis work, when rushing to make the deadline, I've felt sleepy at 1 a.m (which I haven't felt in years!), felt extremely sorry for myself, and promptly fallen asleep in a chair, on the keypad, and in the library.

It has been a craazy time, and one would expect that I'd want to get some sleep as soon I could get to my bed, but I got very frisky after I was done and pranced all over the place, especially in Dee's room. So much so, that I managed to catch my first ever daybreak here :D Since then, it has been a relaxed period of doing so much of nothing, it's sinful :)

  • I can now lie down, prop my laptop on my tummy, open a word doc, and not type.. without feeling guilty!!!!
  • I can watch movies till 6.30 a.m. and wake up at 3 p.m.
  • I can buzz people on G-talk and say "What you doing?" and know fully well they're not doing anything either :D
  • I can give people a snooty, triumphant "Why-shouldn't-I be?!" look when they say "You were asleep at 2 p.m.?!" :D
  • I can wake up, waggle a gleeful finger at a clock that says 8.40 a.m., and plop back off to sleep :)

I know most of my treats are related to requiring sleep, sleep and more sleep, but then being a poor sleep-deprived person is not easy, you know. I dread the day when I have to start work and keep regular hours, when I'll have to wake up 7 a.m. and go to bed like a good little working girl at 11 p.m.

Though, very honestly, I can see more chances of me sleeping late, awaking late and falling alseep on the job than that happening:D

4 Comments:

Blogger m@n!@c said...

Well njoy it till it lasts..... but i must caution u, while the whole thought of sleeping late and sleeping in office is true, wot compounds the problem for us zombies is that we gotta wake up early too. But then wot the heck, we are the select few, who get to bring in the day, no matter which part of the world they r in ;-)

March 16, 2006 7:43 AM  
Blogger A said...

Somehow, I would rather NOT bring in the day and get to sleep late:(

March 16, 2006 4:19 PM  
Blogger DeepBlueSea said...

mmm... you made my day :P

March 16, 2006 7:31 PM  
Blogger A said...

the pleasure is all mine, Kookie:);)

March 16, 2006 8:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home